Public Grievances Redressal Mechanism
- Public Grievances Redressal Mechanism: Public grievance redressal in a time bound manner and improving public service delivery in banking and insurance sectors is one of the key priorities of the Department of Financial Services.
- All the Public Sector Banks (PSBs), Financial Institutions (FIs) and Public Sector Insurance Companies (PSICs) have policies and mechanisms for redressal of public grievances/customer complaints through their Customer Service Departments. For prompt redressal of public grievances, petitioners are advised to first approach the concerned organizations for resolution of their grievances (3-tier complaint resolution system - Branch Manager- Zonal Manager and – GM Customer Service).
- In case the complainants are not fully satisfied with the redressal/ disposal of complaints, they may approach the concerned Banking Ombudsman and Insurance Ombudsman for settlement of their grievances through mediation and passing of awards in a time frame. The contact and other relevant details/ information regarding grievance redressal are available in the website links of PSBs/FIs, PSICs, RBI, IRDA and PFRDA are given below.
- The grievances received in the Department online or by post / manually in the Department are processed and forwarded through CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System) to concerned organizations for resolution/disposal, monitored and periodically reviewed. As per guidelines/instructions of DARPG the maximum time limit of resolution of a grievance is 60 days. The Portal is accessible at www.pgportal.gov.in.
- The contact details and information on grievance redressal are given below : -