INFORMATION RELATED TO BO.II SECTION
SUBJECTS ALLOTTED TO BO.II SECTION
A brief of work allocated to BO.II Section, inter-alia, includes
- Know Your Customer (KYC); Anti Money Laundering (AML); Combating Financing of Terrorism
(CFT); and Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
- All Acts and Laws relating to commercial banks (excluding those specially allotted
to other sections) amended from time to time, as per the requirement.
- Banking sector reforms – All policy matters related to Banking operations such as
licensing, amalgamation, reconstruction, moratorium funds and acquisition of banks
- Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs); Asset Restructuring Companies (ARCs); and
Chit Fund / Nidhi Companies.
- Mater relating to Appellate Authority on NBFCs
- Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC), Local Area Banks policy
- Operationalisation of Central KYC Registry;
- showcasing of Cash-NEFT;
- Security clearance to establishment / shifting of currency chests by banks within
80 kms of International border.
- India’s bilateral banking issues; G20, SAARC, WTO-GATS, IMF Common Wealth related
multi-lateral issues; International Co-operation in Joint Investment Funds; overseas
branches of Indian banks; operations of foreign banks in India;
- Inter-Departmental Committee (IDC) proposals for setting of branches of foreign
banks in India and branches of India Banks abroad;
- Affairs / staff matters of the Office of the Court Liquidator at Kolkata