Grievances Redressal Mechanism:
- In order to further strengthen the grievance redressal mechanism in Public Sector Banks and Insurance Companies, this Department has been using extensively the CPGRAMS portal (Centralised Public Grievances Redressal and Monitoring System) developed by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances.
- The system facilitates the citizens to lodge their grievances on-line directly on the website.
- The grievances received from individuals, DARPG, DOPT are transmitted online to the Banks, Public Sector Insurance Companies concerned, IRDA, Banking Ombudsman offices etc. and responses to the grievances can also be submitted by agencies online.
- The system helps the complainant to monitor the status of the complaints online and also generate action taken reports.
- In LIC, Customers Relations Executives in Branch offices and Customers Relations Managers in Divisional offices deal with complaints from policy holders, agents and other officers/agencies.
- The aggrieved can meet the Grievances Redressal Officers for settlement of their grievances without prior appointment.
Right to Information Act 2005:
- In Department of Financial Services, CPIOs and Appellate Authorities have been nominated to deal with applications received under RTI Act. Information is provided to the applicants within the prescribed time limit. The applicants, who are not satisfied with the information provided, or not getting the information in time, can prefer appeal before the Appellate Authorities within the prescribed time schedule. The names and other requisite details regarding the CPIOs and Appellate Authorities are posted on the website of the Department and updated as and when changes are made.
Department of Financial Services
III Floor, Jeevandeep Building
New Delhi – 110001
Fax No. - 23742207, 23747018, 23360250 (Banking Division)
23344605 (Insurance Division)