• Public grievances against services provided by Public Sector Insurance Companies including AICL and IRDA other than on service matters.
• Periodical meetings of Public Grievances Officers of public sector insurance companies.
• Functioning of internal public grievances redressal machinery in public sector insurance companies.
• Functioning of external redressal machinery like Consumer Courts, Ombudsmen, Lok Adalats, MACT and Courts etc.
• Appellate Authority constituted under Section 110H of the Insurance Act 1938.
• Care taking and maintenance of computers, furniture, photocopiers etc. in Insurance Division.
I-card for staff and executives of Insurance Companies.
Insurance Sector Reforms
• All matters relating to reforms in insurance sector.
• Reforms related amendments to Insurance Act, 1938, LIC Act, 1956, GIBNA, 1972, IRDA Act, 1999 and Actuaries Act, 2006.
• Implementation of Law Commission Reports.
• Review of the performance of General Insurance Companies including AICL.
• Matters relating to Insurance Schemes of Public Sector General Insurance Companies including AICL and audit paras thereon.
• Computerization of public sector general insurance companies.
• References relating to Surveyors and Agents of non-life PSICs.
• Foreign operations of public sector general insurance companies.
• Reference relating to Re-insurance, Third Party Administrators, and Tariff Advisory Committee.
• Opening/ winding up of branches
• Administration of War Risk (Marine Hull) Reinsurance Schemes, 1976.
• Reference from RBI on permission for release of foreign exchange for insurance policy abroad.
• Laying down of Annual reports of General Insurance Companies/ GIC/ AICL
• Administration of PP Act in non-life insurance companies and references relating to Estate matters in those companies.
• Work relating to Budgeting, Tax proposals, Budget Announcements relating to insurance, Annual Report, Economic Survey, India Reference Annual, Economic Editors Conference, PMO/ Cabinet References, CII & FICCI, within Insurance Division.
Coordination work relating to the following Committees:
• Standing Committee on Finance
• Committee on Subordinate Legislation
• Petitions Committee
• Committee on Public Undertaking (COPU)
• WTO multi-lateral/ bilateral agreements.
• Inter-Government agreement between India and any other country.
• VIP references, Parliament Questions, Parliament Assurances, and Court cases on the above subjects.
• Matters relating NIA and IISLA.
• Any other task assigned by Additional Secretary/Joint Secretary/Director