Public Grievances Redressal Mechanism
- Public grievance redress in a time bound manner and improving public service delivery in banking, insurance and pension sectors are key priorities of the Department of Financial Services.
- Grievances received in the Department of Financial Services online or by post / manually in the Department of are processed and forwarded through CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System) to the concerned organizations for resolution/disposal and are monitored and periodically reviewed. As per guidelines/instructions of DARPG the maximum time limit of resolution of a grievance is 45 days. The maximum time limit for disposal of COVID-related grievances is 3 days. DARPG has started Appeal Mechanism in CPGRAMS wherein the customers who are not satisfied with the resolution of their grievances can appeal for review by higher Authorities. Stipulated time period for disposal of appeals is 30 days. The Portal is accessible at www.pgportal.gov.in. In addition, a dedicated Grievance Handling Cell has been set up in the Department, which is accessible at the telephone no. 011-23346785 and email address sobo3-dfs[at]nic[dot]in.
- All the Public Sector Banks (PSBs), Public Sector Insurance Companies (PSICs) and Financial Institutions (FIs) within the purview of the Department of Financial Services and the regulators, i.e., the Reserve Bank of India, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) have policies and mechanisms for redressal of public grievances/customer complaints through their Customer Service Department.
- For prompt redress of public grievances, petitioners are advised to first approach the concerned organizations for resolution of their grievances.
- PSBs and PSICs have a 3-tier complaint resolution system - Branch, Zone and Head Quarters.
- In case the complainants are not fully satisfied with the redress/disposal of complaints, they may approach the concerned Banking Ombudsman or Insurance Ombudsman for settlement of their grievances through mediation and passing of awards. The contact and other relevant details/ information regarding grievance redress are available in the website links of PSBs/FIs, PSICs, RBI, IRDA and PFRDA that are given below:-