Public Grievances Redressal Mechanism
- Public Grievances Redressal Mechanism: Public grievance redressal in a time bound manner and improving public service delivery in banking and insurance sectors are key priorities of the Department of Financial Services.
- All the Public Sector Banks (PSBs), Public Sector Insurance Companies (PSICs) and Financial Institutions (FIs) within the purview of the Department of Financial Services and the regulators i.e the Reserve Bank of India, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) have policies and mechanisms for redressal of public grievances/customer complaints through their Customer Service Department. For prompt redressal of public grievances, petitioners are advised to first approach the concerned organizations for resolution of their grievances, PSBs and PSICs have a 3-tier complaint resolution system - Branch, Zone and Head Quarter.
- In case the complainants are not fully satisfied with the redressal/ disposal of complaints, they may approach the concerned Banking Ombudsman and Insurance Ombudsman for settlement of their grievances through mediation and passing of awards in a time frame. The contact and other relevant details/ information regarding grievance redressal are available in the website links of PSBs/FIs, PSICs, RBI, IRDA and PFRDA are given below.
- The grievances received in the Department online or by post / manually in the Department are processed and forwarded through CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System) to the concerned organizations for resolution/disposal and are monitored and periodically reviewed. As per guidelines/instructions of DARPG the maximum time limit of resolution of a grievance is 60 days. The maximum time limit for disposal of COVID-related grievances is 3 days. The Portal is accessible at www.pgportal.gov.in.
- The contact details and information on grievance redressal are given below : -